Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 13 10/4-10/10

This week I had tried out many different things that I have not done in the past weeks. I finish making a laser rifle and a spaceship. I used my rifle I made in week 10 as base reference for the size and shape.



Once I got my outline of the laser rifle I did attach them but I did not start UV mapping them. I created another model that will be only one object base on the outline. I did this to make it easier to UV map the texture.

As shown above is my finish model of the laser rifle and UV map. The reason why I made the rifle white is because before I texture I use this image and created a color outline so it would have been easier to know what spot to be color what and more control.


I created my color outline of the laser rifle in Photoshop. I made used of the layer effect from InnerGlow to get the black outline. Once I got my color outline done I started to texture my model and giving it a specular texture and normal map. Here is my result:


I am almost done with the laser rifle. I had rigged the rifle and imported it into UDK. There I made use of the engine Material Editor to give it a glowing effect when use in game.

Material

Final result


With the spaceship, my group decided to have the spaceship to be a flying saucer. When working on my spaceship I had skip creating a color outline because the shape wasn't really complex, I just had to make sure to UV map it well.

Top view

Bottom view

No Normal Map


 When I had finish modeling and texturing I had imported it into UDK. I did not needed to rigged this time. When working with Material Editor, using what I learn from my laser rifle, I did made the space glow, but I made use of Panner to give my material some animation.


Material


Final result




No comments:

Post a Comment